(Ananova News) January 04, 2023.
WordPress code editor enables editing theme and plugin files directly from wp-admin. Precautionary it is recommended to turn it off, as it is a potential security hazard. Version after 4.9 can catch fatal errors and does not parse the code till they are resolved. Furthermore, it stops the hacker with administrator access by changing themes or plugins and inserting malicious code.
How to Disable file editing in WordPress admin?
- Log into the control panel.
- Open File Manager under Files & Security.
- Locate the file wp-config.
- Click Edit in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Search wp-config for ‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, and DISALLOW_FILE_MODS’ and set it to “true”
define('DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT', true); define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', true );
You can look to the Ananova selected top hosting providers at: https://ananova.com/best-hosting-providers
The key players listed in the list include Liquidweb, WordPress.com, A2Hosting, GreenGeeks, Namecheap, Inmotionhosting, Resellerspanel, Hostgator, Interserver, Sitevalley, Webhostingpad, Bluehost, Hostmonster, Fatcow, IPower, Weebly, Shopify, Accuwebhosting, WPEngine, Cloudways, Hostens and many more.