There are so many different reasons to choose a dedicated hosting plan over a shared hosting plan. Even though the cost might be higher, dedicated hosting means that you don’t have to worry about a slow site or to share a server with hundreds of other people. Any way you slice it, a dedicated hosting option is the better option for a business of any size. Really. That said, there are some definite things that you’ll want to have with any dedicated option that you are considering.
1. Awesome technical support: I don’t mean just mediocre technical support, I mean earth-shattering tech support that will make a huge difference when your site is experiencing problems. Believe it or not, technical support that’s available around the clock is something that’s hard to beat. In most cases, tech support options should come with your dedicated plan. If you have to pay extra for tech support, do it.
2. Data center details: Where a company’s data center located is an immense deal. You’ll want to be sure that the data center has the right cooling operations in place, has onsite security, and comes with everything that will protect that center should a natural disaster strike. It might sound silly, but data centers are often subject to water and other types of damage. Found a great hosting company that’s also cheap with data centers located in a dirt floor basement? Think again!
3. Complete management: Let’s be real here. Unless you know what you’re doing, you will need to have an entirely managed dedicated hosting option. This way, you can pick up the phone and call someone else when things go wrong.
4. Content Delivery Network (CDN): Let’s say that someone from Africa accesses your website. With a content delivery network, the server located near Africa will deliver the person’s request – in short, and it’s the fastest and best way to do things. Ask your current host about this possibility.
5. Remote reboot! We can’t say this one enough times. It is essential that you can remotely restart the system if you need to. Why? Because sometimes things happen when you are far away from home.
What Else Do You Need?
When it comes down to choosing dedication hosting plans, the best course of action is to find a company that you can completely trust. I know that sounds trite, but it’s really true. If the company you sign up with has a history of messing things up, data centers that get broken into, and plans that don’t work for anyone, not in the Fortune 500 loop, you’ll need to find a new or different option.
Our suggestions? Go with BlueHost, A Small Orange, HostGator, or another hosting company mentioned on this website. We spend our time reviewing hosting companies so that you don’t have to. When it comes to finding that perfect dedicated hosting choice, there’s no better option than to read through reviews first.